How would you like to read an interview with Tank, from According to Plan?
Welcome Tank or do you prefer Jake or Mr. Steele?

I prefer Tank.

Thank you for dropping by. Although I must say, I’m surprised Shelby let you out of her sight after the time you two have had recently. Is she keeping you on a short leash now?

You’ve got that backwards. She's on the short leash. I’m not taking any chances with that girl. I thought I’d lost her once, I’m not going through that again.

So you first met Shelby a while back at a beach party. First impression?

Man, where do I start? First impression will always be her rockin’ bod, pert ass… ahhh, you know the rest. First time I talked to her, I’m surprised I didn’t drool. One look in her baby blues, and I was done like dinner. But I knew this girl was the one I had to marry when I asked for her phone number, and she gave me the local animal shelter’s number. This told me she had a cool head, and didn’t fool around.  


How is the relationship with you and Caleb now? Just a thought, but maybe you should introduce him to Polly.

At first I was supremely pissed off Caleb hadn’t given me a heads up about Shelby, but he was doing his job. He’d been in my unit when we were Special Forces, and I know I’d have kicked his ass all over the state if he’d given up a protected person, so we’re cool.

Funny you should say that about him and Polly. They met at the wedding, and I don’t know *shrugs*, Caleb’s a dark horse. Polly liked the looks of him, so we’ll see.

Speaking of Polly, you are really indebted to her. Do you think you would have gotten back together with Shelby without her help? I mean she was always team Tank, even during Shelby’s darkest days.

Polly is the best woman friend I’ve got. Hell, she’s the only woman friend I’ve got. If she hadn’t been on my side, I don’t think Shelby and I would have been a couple. At least not without a fight. Polly’s got lots of sway with Shelby. Those two are thick as thieves. If she hadn’t dropped clues on my head, like cement bricks, I may never have headed out to Walker Lake, and I don’t even want to think what could have happened if I didn’t. *shudder* Shelby’s alive because of Polly, and I will forever be indebted to her.

What are you doing when not chasing down the bad guys? What’s the average Tank day?

(scratching head) Pretty tame since I stopped doing undercover work. When I’m not active, I check in with the field office and get paperwork out of the way. If I can dodge that bullet I will. *wolfish grin* I’m not above bribing our secretary to make my paper madness go away. She loves Boston Cream donuts even more than Polly. But I have to confess, I’ve been hanging around the house with Shelby for a ‘couple’ of reasons.

I know you’re an excellent cook, but the big question is, who kills the spiders?

I HATE spiders! Creepy crawly, legs everywhere… hey, don’t tell Shelby. She’ll never let me live it down if she knew.

What are the plans for the business now? Are you back full time?

Yep, back full time, but I don’t plan on going deep undercover any more ~ Shelby’d kill me.

At what point did you know that Shelby was “the ONE”?

The minute I saw her. Sounds corny, I know, but when I caught her eye at the keg party, a jolt of electricity passed through me. It was the strangest thing and I remember thinking, “I’ve got to meet this girl.” Everything after that only solidified the feeling. Man – she still gives me thrills.

We know that Shelby has a “T” tattoo. Did you reciprocate?

Right here. (rolling up his sleeve) I can’t have anything too personal, because in my business it’s not good to have too many identifiers. This is close enough to a barb wire tattoo that it doesn’t stand out as unique

Interviewer’s note - getting really up close and personal with Tank's bicep
Ooooh, that's gorgeous!! And unless you're real close, it looks like an ordinary barb wire tat... but I see an intricate S in the middle of a rose. The brambles and thorns look like... oh, that's sneaky and creative. Niiiiiiice! (gives a good squeeze for luck) *ahem* I hope you have a permit for those guns....

And finally, where would you like to be in five years?

Running my own security company, with Dango and Cowboy to work with me. Also, Grizzle has a nephew who’s a computer nerd’s wet dream, and I’d bring him on board. 

Thanks again Tank for sharing and stopping by. Please tell everyone hello for me.

You bet. Polly's been calling and e-mailing non-stop since she knew I was coming here. If I didn’t give her a shout out, she’ll never let me live it down. Even Rodie knew about this. I’m not gonna ask how, but he knows everything.
So – Yo Polly. You owe me a beer, and Rodie, meet me at the usual place, usual time. I’ve got a few things to go over. Don’t go all Big and Bossy on me. Just be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment