Christina Wolfer

The Cutting Room Floor      

As a writer, we are often asked how we come up with our stories and I think the ‘how’ probably varies from author to author and story to story. Most of us have had stories playing through our heads long before we began writing them down. For me, it was the love of make believe, of pretending to be someone else, to be brave, to be tough, to conquer, when in reality, I was painfully shy.

I’m not so shy anymore. Thankfully, I grew out of the worst of it. The stories still play in my head, though, and I still like to pretend I’m all of those things above, but now I channel them onto paper.

My third novel, Emotional Warfare (coming July/August 2012) was inspired by a song verse about a man who was sleeping with women, waking up in a stranger’s bed, because he couldn’t have the one woman he really wanted. The original scene written for the book was cut by me long before I submitted to my publisher. Even though the scene didn’t make the cut, it made the story - inspired it.

My novella, Undercover, which released November 1st, was inspired by a sex scene that popped into my head. Why, I’m not sure, but I blame it on my erotic alter ego. The scene hit the cutting room floor before publication, as well. I never fully developed the scene, but I love what it inspired and am thrilled to have the opportunity to share it here for the first time and maybe the only time. 

Undercover back cover blurb:

At twenty-nine, police officer Erica Salinas is determined to eliminate as many gangs as she can from the streets of Chicago. When she's offered an opportunity to go undercover as a student at an inner city high school to stop the drugs trafficking its halls, she jumps at the chance. It doesn't take long for her to identify the two gangs ruling the school and get offered drugs, but she isn't satisfied with runners. She wants the dealer and supplier.

She befriends a boy who has connections with one of the gangs, hoping to get closer to her goal. Instead, she finds herself getting attached to the kid and falling in love with his older brother, Derrick.

Erica knows she is putting the case at risk by getting too involved. And when she spots a gang allegiance tattoo on Derrick's wrist, she’ll have to decide if her career and avenging her sisters death is more important than love.

From the cutting room floor:

When Erica arrived at the house, she was looking for Joey. He was upset with her and she wanted to smooth things over, try to explain. She knocked, the uneven screen door bouncing against its frame with each tap of her fist. Music played somewhere in the house, but she couldn’t see anyone moving around inside.
She was about to knock again when Derrick came into view from a back room, stealing her breath away as he walked toward her. He was bare-chested, his glorious bronze muscles flexing as he reached to push the screen door open. The day’s heat and his cologne mixed to create a powerful aroma of awareness that sent desire coursing down between her thighs.  
“Erica, what are you doing here? Joey isn’t home”
She took the opportunity to step past him into the cooler confines of the room. “Maybe, I didn’t come here for him.”
Derrick let the screen door shut, turning to her with questioning eyes. Desire flashed with recognition when he looked into her eyes. She’d sensed his attracted to her from day one, but he fought it, thinking her too young.
His nostrils flared when she placed her hand on the tight, corded muscle of his arm. He didn’t step away as he’d done before. She leaned in, heard his sharp intake of breath as she touched her lips to his shoulder, his collarbone, his neck. She ran her tongue along the pulse in his neck and her hands down the sides of his lean torso. She undid the button of his jeans while she distracted him nibbling on his ear. Her hands trailed around to the back, delving past the jockey shorts to squeeze his firm, round ass.
She resisted the urge to grind herself against him, need burning like a dry prairie fire. She shimmied his jeans down to free his erection. A deep groan tore through him as she began kissing her way south, destined, determined to touch him, to taste him.
But he stopped her descent, grabbing her hands, yanking them above her head. With one quick turn, he maneuvered her so that her back met the wall with a thud. She gave a low husky laugh of satisfaction.
He imprisoned her hands above her head with one of his. With the other, he lifted her skirt and shoved the flimsy string bikini down, ripping them out of the way. He tested her readiness with a finger; her body shuddered against his touch. He had his answer. He bit once at her neck and then thrust deep inside her. 

Thank you for letting me share this piece of the story that would never have been seen otherwise.

My other stories:

All Bets Are On! - Available now (Kentucky Derby Anthology - short story)
Two Brothers - Available now
Undercover - Available now (novella)
The Daughter - Coming January 2012
Emotional Warfare - Coming July/August 2012

And you can find me at the following places:
Twitter - @christinawolfer
Or e-mail me at Christina.wolfer@yahoo.com

Please feel free to drop me a line and let me know what you think of the stories I’ve created. 


11 comments:

  1. Thank you for visiting today Christina. May I say one word?
    Tssssss (hot)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This excerpt was completely different from the writing in Two Brothers. Don't get me wrong, I loved that book, but Oh MY! this excerpt was excellent!!! Now I can't wait to read this book. It's already on my kindle waiting for me!!!

    Great post, Christina. Can't wait to get with you and talk books, romance, and this little lot excerpt!

    Thanks Madison for featuring Christina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Madison, for having me and letting me share this bit of naughtiness.

    Thanks, Renee. I hope you'll let me know what you think of the rest of the story once you get a chance to read Undercover.

    Hope we can get together soon. Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That scene got cut? I've got to read what replaced it! Great job. Love the cover on this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cover. Love this book. LOVE this cut scene! WOW!!! Great job Christina. Huge congrats and wishes for many sales!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is steaming hot! If this is what ended up being cut, I'm impressed! You're obviously a gifted writer. :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Talk about hot! Great scene.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, I'm trying to leave comments, but having a bit of trouble. So, I hope this comes through.

    Thanks all, for the great comments *blushes*. So glad you enjoyed the scene. I think I knew even as I wrote it that the scene wouldn't be able to go in the final version. But since it did inspire UNDERCOVER to be written, I couldn't pass up an opportunity to share.

    Thanks so much for stopping in.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know how terrific this story is since I was fortunate enough to be an early reader. This is a great read.

    The cover's gorgeous, Christina. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much, Clancy. Your input on the early read is very appreciated.

    So glad you could stop by. As always, loving the great support from the Diva's.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks to all of you for visiting and making Christina feel welcome. We'll have to have her back when she has some more discarded bits for us to read...

    ReplyDelete