Jessica Alpen

Thanks for having me as your guest today Madison. I had a great time interviewing Red and I’ll be looking forward to responding to comments. Readers can sign up HERE and leave a comment today on Madison’s blog to enter my January/February prize drawing in celebration of the upcoming release of Little Red Riding Wolf.

Little Red Riding Wolf Character Interview
Hi I’m Jessica Aspen and today I’m interviewing Red, the heroine in my new sensual novella Little Red Riding Wolf. Red works in Burdock’s general store, one of the last family owned general stores in Colorado, but she hasn’t been working lately.
JA: Hi Red, how are things going? I haven’t seen you in the store lately, what’s up?
Red: Maybe you should be interviewing my brother, Seth. He’s the one who’s been working in the store lately. My mom seems to think I should be home helping her can jar after jar of jam.
JA: You’re twenty-two, right? And your mom is still directing your life? Most women your age are out starting careers.
Red: Right! That’s just what I’ve been telling my family. But no! All my mom does is hold it over my head that I’m young for a were-wolf and we’re different from humans. I’m ready to blow.
JA: So is that why you’re not working right now?
Red: Well, sort of. My mom made up some excuse to send me up the mountain to check on my Grandma, but I kinda tripped over the real reason she wants me out of town.
JA: Go on.
Red: I’ll give you some hints: he’s tall, hot and human. And he’s taken over as the local forest ranger.
JA: Ah, Evan Brewster. You’re right, he is hot. And human. Won’t that be trouble?
Red: Only if I get serious with him. But I’m not going to do that. I’m just going to play with him a little, keep it fun.
JA: And what does Evan say about that? He seems like a serious kind of man.
Red: I’ll let you know. Right now I’m just enjoying teasing the heck out of him.
JA: You know what they say about playing with fire?
Red: I don’t need another mom. My brother Seth already thinks he can boss me around.
JA: If Seth finds out about Evan, you’ll both be in the fire.
Red: I know. And there’s something else. I think Evan may suspect the town’s secret. I think he might know we’re all were-wolves. If he lets it become public, I won’t be the only one in trouble.
JA: Hot guy, rebellious chick, angry interfering brother and secrets. Sounds like your ‘fun’ is about to blow up in your face.
Red: Tell me about it. All I need is my Granny to show up and we’ll have a hell of a party. I’d better go; Evan might be on his way up to Granny’s cabin right now. If Seth finds Evan sniffing around I’ll have more to deal with than my mom’s holding me back. I’ll have to deal with an angry werewolf.
JA: Good luck!
Jessica Aspen writes paranormal romance near the foothills of the Colorado Rockies. Her books are full of elves, were-wolves and sexy men who walk on the dark side of the knife. She loves dark chocolate, walking the dog, hiking and is obsessed with her new lap-top. Jessica is also obsessed with writing and learning about writing. She is a member of RWA, CRW, FF&P and PRO. You can find Jessica the first Friday of the month at ParanormalFreebies.com and most days during the week at http://jessicaaspen.com  Click HERE to enter Jessica’s giveaway contest during January and February.
Follow Jessica on twitter @jessicaaspen and on Facebook
Come into the woods with Little Red Riding Wolf, Jessica Aspen’s spicy paranormal novella due for release February 18th from Passion in Print Press. What if Little Red Riding Hood was a werewolf and a sexy forest ranger wandered into her woods?


     Fraternizing with humans is taboo, but when feisty werewolf Red runs into hunky new forest ranger Evan Brewster, she jumps on the opportunity to let loose her desires.
    Evan is stoked when he meets the petite red haired hottie and, combined with his new discovery of wolves in Colorado, he thinks his career and life are made. Then Red pushes him away, her hostile brother threatens his life, and things begin to spiral out of control.
    Caught between her sexy lover and her pack can Red trust Evan with her secrets, or must she sacrifice her human lover and her heart?



7 comments:

  1. What a tease your are, Jessica! Now I'll have to buy the book to see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those cliffhangers, what author doesn't? Hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to enter the contest, you might just win a copy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun, intriguing interview and you gotta love Colorado as a setting.

    The cover is awesome, btw. Congrat's on the upcoming release and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Christina, Passion in Print did a fabulous job on the cover. And I have to admit, it doesn't hurt to live in an area as easy to write about as Colorado. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Janie, the folks at Passion in Print do a very nice job with covers. And thank you Madison for having me as your guest. I had a fun time with the character interview, great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. It was my pleasure to have you, Jessica. Now you tell little Red to keep to the forest path...wait make that hunky Evan to stay on the forest path and watch out for little girls in wolves clothing...

    ReplyDelete